Sunday, May 21, 2006

The void in my heart


The Void I didn’t know I had
Well a few weekends ago we went up to Pennsylvania and I had a realization up there. I had a void in my life that I was trying to ignore. My void…my friend Julie. Sure she’s the mom of one of my Butler beauties but she’s also one of my closest friends. We had our struggles with trying to have a friendship while I maintained a friendship with her daughter…little awkward but I wasn’t willing to give either of them up so they had to deal with it too…love you too Rachel! So anyway, when I went back...Julie and I hugged. We haven’t spoken in like to quote the Sandlot…”FOOOOREEEEEVVVERRRR”. But it was like we hadn’t missed a beat. Have you ever had that with a friend you haven’t seen in awhile? So well we caught on things a little but now we have some more memories to catch up on and I have a void no more. It’s so cool how the heart works…just when you think that life is full or you have all the relationships you can keep up on (I don’t like to do anything halfway) God makes room for one more and your heart grows just a little more. I want a huge heart!!! A Connection with another human being is enriching and beautiful! That’s all for now.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I went to Ball State to room with a girl I had been friends with since 6th grade. I ended up meeting my best friend there...a girl from Ft. Wayne...her name was Jen. I haven't talked to her in a long time and I miss her alot. We were together for a short time but we truly became best friends. Hopefully we will catch up again soon.

AmyJo said...

Friends like that are great, though. I have a couple of great friends that I rarely talk to, but you can't even tell that when we do talk. It's like they are there all the time. Of course it would be nice to spend time together on a more regular basis, but there is NO maintenance needed in these friendships as they are. No breaks needed, no "all up in your business" feeling. It's sort of refreshing to have at least one or two close friends that are distant and spuratic, but you're right, there's something special and necessary about human contact. We definately need close friendships that aren't so distant.