Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My sweet husband



Okay so those of you who not interacted with Evan don’t know this yet but he is soo sweet and good hearted. So sweet that he’ll even let cars pull out in front of him. Get this. We were pulling out of a gas station recently in Ohio when a blue Honda decided he wanted to pull out too so he starts creeping back. Evan, being the sweetie that he is, waves on the Honda to go ahead. Well the Honda kept coming and Evan finally realized that NO ONE WAS DRIVING the Honda. I never mentioned a driver did I??? It must have been in neutral or something because the car was on the move and the owner was scurrying back to stop the car. This skinny teenager gets behind the car and holds it still (it looked like a toy car it was so small) but that of course isn’t going to stop a car so finally he gets the bright idea to get in the car and actually apply the break. Needless to say we escaped from a near head on collision of a driverless vehicle actually hitting us. I just can’t make this stuff up. So funny but just goes to show he’s sweet to everyone and everything.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree! Evan is a sweetie. I don't know of too many other guys that would stay at his house with a bunch of woman having a "girls movie night." He was great though. He ran and got the ice and the pizza and didn't complain once. AMAZING. I am still pretty impressed with his hat that you knitted for him. Now that's amazing!!!

Susie said...

He truly has a sweet spirit. You are truly blessed and I know he feels that same. That would be something to see...a driverless car coming at you. I am glad that you escaped without collision. I don't know about you, but things like that seem to happen to me alot. It's kind of crazy, but then I guess that keeps life interesting?

Cindy said...

Well everything I've seen and heard of Evan has been nothing but FANTASTIC! and that he's sweet? a given! i'm so glad you're blogging now so i can keep up and hear about how much fun my family is having with you while i'm gone... :( ;) tell Carolyn not to grow up too fast until I get back for the summer!