Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bittersweet goodbye

Well I'm in St.Louis right now which is great because I get to see my family and my sweet nephews but it's sad right now because my great-grandmother just passed away this week. It's okay though because she had a very full life of 93 years and I have many fond memories of her. She use to always greet us (my twin and I) at the door with a baggie of m & m's (guess we know how my great figure started) and we would play yahtzee and cards for hours after school with her. She also use to measure how tall we were with the pearl covered snaps on her silk-like shirts. We had some great memories of her and if I were home I'd post a picture but I'm not so you get to read about my memories. Everyone in the family is doing well and we all knew time was running out for her. I think at this point the only thing I wish for her is godspeed and I wish she could have remembered (not only just meet) her great-great-grandchildren because she has four of them now. My grandmother, however, is including a single rose for each great-great-grandchild in her casket as a way for her to be close to them...even though she's dead. Don't really understand it but I guess at this point it's the thought that counts. Well that's all from me...check back in a few days because I probably won't post until Saturday evening or even Sunday when I get back home. I'm out...

3 comments:

Joni said...

I'm sorry for your loss, it is never easy to lose someone you love. You guys be safe coming back.

Andy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your great-grandma. Be careful coming back and we'll talk to you soon. Love you.

AmyJo said...

Hey, it was good to see you in St. Louis (under unfortunate circumstances for you). I might have to venture back out to visit your mom again! Sorry Caroline got sick. That's never fun.